by Tiffany Sequeira
Let’s be honest: companies use impressive claims and superlative statements to describe their products all the time. Such claims are thrown around so often that they’ve seemed to lose much of their meaning.
But what if, in some instances…these statements were actually true?
Take this instance, for example. We’re not just saying that SimmBud’s extra strength topical hemp cream and new cooling cream could change your life — we really, truly mean it !
Keep reading to learn why CBD’s life-changing abilities are way, way more than mere hype.
The History of CBD Topicals
Despite what you might’ve thought or heard, topical CBD is actually nothing new.
The Ancient Egyptians prepared cannabis creams as many as 4,000 years ago; modern researchers believe these creams were used to treat eye problems like glaucoma (after all, cannabinoids may reduce intraocular pressure).  Just check out this excerpt from Egypt’s Ramesseum Papyri, which describes a rather holistic prescription for issues with eyesight: “celery, cannabis is ground and left in the dew […] both eyes of the patient are to be washed with it.”
The Ancient Hebrews likely used cannabis, too. In the book of Exodus, Yahweh told Moses to blend myrrh, cinnamon, calamus, and cassia into an anointing oil. Guess what? Calamas is likely a mistranslated reference to cannabis. No wonder those anointed with this cannabinoid-loaded oil fell into deep states of transcendence and bliss!
How Topical CBD Works
If you’ve read some of our other blog posts you might already be a little familiar with the endocannabinoid system; when taken internally, this is the main system CBD activates en route to providing homeostasis and health.
But topical CBD works differently. It also activates the endovanilloid system, also called the TRPV system — that’s the same set of receptors responsible for how your body senses/perceives heat.  Basically, think of topical CBD as nature’s version of the icy-hot!
And then there are the anti-inflammatory benefits. Since topical CBD ‘hit’s the endocannabinoid system’s CB2 receptors and the endovanilloid system’s TRPV1 receptors at the same time, it’s able to reduce inflammation and pain all at once.
Also keep in mind that our CBD creams contain more than just CBD. Their other ingredients — hemp’s best trace cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavones — also confer a pretty important anti-inflammatory effect. One flavonoid, named Cannflavin A because it’s only found within the cannabis family, was shown back in 1986 to inhibit a major inflammatory marker 30 times more powerfully than aspirin. 
Need more convincing? If so, here’s some of the more nitty-gritty science, curated from the study linked above…if not, feel free to skip this part:
- “CBD is able to inhibit tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) in its own right in a rodent model of rheumatoid arthritis.” 
- “[…] β-sitosterol, a phytosterol found in cannabis, reduced topical inflammation 65% and chronic edema 41% in skin models.” 
- “A new explanation of inflammatory and analgesic effects of CBD has recently come to light with the discovery that it is able to promote signaling of the adenosine receptor A2A by inhibiting the adenosine transporter.” 
The Mystery of Dual Dosing
And the power of CBD-infused cream gets even stronger when it’s combined with other delivery methods. Many experts recommend establishing a healthy baseline by taking CBD oil daily, then using CBD topicals when real breakthroughs in pain/inflammation are needed.
This approach has some practical upsides, too. Just think: why not benefit from both topical CBD and keto blueberry CBD cheesecake squares? (Admittedly, we can’t think of any good reasons.)
How SimmBud CBD Creams Are Different
CBD’s exponentially-increasing popularity means the industry is flooded with CBD products…and the subcategory of CBD topicals is no exception. What makes our creams stand out above the rest? Here are a few things, for your consideration:
- SimmBud’s CBD creams are tested by the Nation’s leading cannabs lab. Check out our lab reports here.
- SimmBud’s CBD creams are super strong. With 1,000 milligrams of full spectrum CBD per serving, even those with severe pain can get the cannabinoids their bodies need.
- SimmBud’s CBD creams are unscented. Why mess with hemp’s natural scent, especially since this scent stems from hemp’s already-perfect blend of flavones and terpenes? No scent means no allergies, rashes, or weird reactions.
- SimmBud’s CBD creams are affordable. Priced well under the industry standard of 10 cents/milligram, most people taking our products report spending less than a dollar a day — even if they take both creams and oils.
Summing Things Up…
CBD topicals allow you to apply CBD to the areas where you need it most. They absorb fast and kick in nearly instantly. When it comes to fighting pain, using premium CBD topicals might just be nature’s best way to experience fast, side-effect-free relief.